Monday, June 23, 2008

kansas

Hey Everyone! I am in Kansas and all settled in my dorm room with five other females. There are three that are on my team and I will go through training with and to Iraq with. Additionally, we have an army medic who leaves in about a month for iraq and another female who is going to Afghanistan. These first couple weeks have been briefings and now we are getting into the class portions. Right now we are focusing heavy on Arabic and "Understanding The Insurgency." Wow, I am just blown away by how much I thought I knew,but actually didn't. We have a four day pass for fourth of july and havent' decided what to do with it. I don't really have the money to fly anywhere.


Things seem kinda laid back, but then again, it's just the classroom portion. It is weird to be on the other side of the classroom! I am excited about the comm equipment portion. We will be working with the VRC 91A, the DAGR and the MBITR! All equipment I have taught! yay! Hopefully I'll learn a couple of cool new things.


Next week is only a three day week, but it will be busy none the less. We arm up with our M4s and M9s on Monday and turn them in on Friday Nights. We have every Sunday off. If you want to call, call then! I go to bed early, and get up early. It does make for a really long day, but honestly, I seem to be on the same schedule as I was at the School House in Keesler.


I have met some cool people so far, but believe me when I say I am lonely. I am sure some of you are sick of hearing me talk about Sean,but I do miss him. I often wonder if this would be easier. But hey, don't be mean. There isn't much to do here.
My wireless is 40 bucks a month, there is no common area (except for outside and the bathrooms! LOL) And not having a car makes it a little difficult to get around this HUGE but beautiful Fort!

The weather has been amazing. I have some how managed to sleep through every storm we have had here.
how does that happen when i woke up for every single one when I was In Biloxi?

Well, It's getting pretty late.
I love you and miss you tons!

ABC sends

No comments: